Skip to main content

You Know You're A Mother When

Sometimes when I think about it, I couldn't believe that I am a mother. It has been 6 years already! I feel that (yeah in my mind) I am still a small child, knowing that I have a child of my own. Once in a while being an adult can be fun when you're acting like a child.
I don't feel you can TRULY understand the absolute meaning of the phrase until you become a mother yourself. I'd love to share some of these times with you as I am sure that if you are a mother, or a parent in general, that you will be nodding your head to at least a few "you know when's..." on my list hehe..

You went through hours of painful labour and forget the pain; the very moment you see your child.

You don't mind if you wear the same or old clothes again; and you get your child new ones.. on every sale. Instead of wanting to buy yourself something, you ended up at children's department.

You went to the grocery store alone and consider that as your 'me' time.

You hide in the bathroom to be alone.. sometimes.

You don't feel hungry when you saw your child eat double meal at one time.

You stayed up at night when your child couldn't sleep because of fever, and still go to work the next day with panda eyes!

You fell sick and worry that no one can take care of the children like you do. And still you get out of bed, make sure they're ok!

You kept cleaning the house, pick up toys even when the kids are around.

You always prepared things like extra clothes, extra shoe, huge bag with all your kids stuff inside whenever you're going out.

You went to the washroom with your child (below 7). Kept asking if they are still outside the door. Haha..

You can't seem to stop yourself from kissing your child's head hundred times a day, pat their bum, and stroke their cheek. You'll stop until.. "Mom, you're kissing me in front of everyone."

You're working from home sitting in front of the computer, when your child wants to sit with you to play Playhouse Disney and Ben 10 online games.

You feel proud every time someone makes a comment on how adorable your child is.

You are so exhausted from work, but still you are willing to hear how your child's day at school.

You are a mother, friend, teacher, laundry lady, housekeeper, chef, referee, driver to your child and add the 'secretary' to your hubby. All the time. You're working 365 days.

You complaint from time to time, but still enjoying every moment of motherhood!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ASTRO: Just Because of RM10.45

On last Thursday, we had an issue with our ASTRO. We reached home and as usual, kiddo switched on the TV and click on her fave channel. However, there was a message:

We apologise for the service interruption. To resume service please SMS: Astro RCO XXXXX(Smartcard number) and send to 66688. For customers in Brunei, please call 151. (TCI)

So I sent an SMS, and got a reply:
RM0.00 You are currently not eligible for this transaction. Please make payment immediately to enjoy full ASTRO services again. Thank you.

Our ASTRO has been barred?? Mr. Fruitheart checked our history payment and confirmed we had paid. So, I had to call ASTRO. I called the toll free line and since I'm using the ASTRO IPTV, I was being transferred to another line.

I asked the customer service representative to check and she told me our ASTRO account has an outstanding payment. I was like WHAT? Outstanding payment? How much? Oh no! Did Mr. Fruitheart paid to the wrong account? Because I had 2 under my name.

Surprisingly…

Confinement Packages / Pakej Berpantang

During my last pregnancy, I hired a confinement lady (CL) from Jemari tradisional to take care of me after I delivered my baby girl. This time around I have not decided yet where I will be staying during my confinement days and not sure if I will get the same CL from JT.

So, I have started to search for confinement lady / confinement packages / post natal packages / post natal care/ penjaga pantang / pakej pantang / pakej urut bersalin on the Internet. I found few that looks OK but some of the websites were not updated. I do not know if they're still on business.

So here are the lists:
1. Jemari Tradisional - http://rawatanbersalin.blogspot.sg/ (last update Monday, 30 July 2012)
1. http://penjagapantang.wordpress.com/ (last update May 6, 2012)
2. http://inaurut.blogspot.sg/ (last update Tuesday, 23 April 2013)
3. http://cintasari.com/services_post_natal.html
4. http://dnatasyaayu.blogspot.sg/2013/01/pakej-pantang-2013.html (last update Tuesday, May 7 2013)
5. http://sirehqaseh.blogspot.sg…

Dilemma: Taska / Nursery for The Girls

We're back to square one. Scratching our head, thinking hard and have to make an important decision. My sister can no longer take care of my girls, she has accepted a job offer in KLIA2.

Definitely not going to hire another helper. I do not want face another headache, frustration and have stranger into our house. It would also cost us thousands of Ringgit again which we don't have. Now we're considering sending the girls to a childcare centre. Choosing a childcare centre is NOT easy. Reliable and registered are normally full.

I had done my research on the Internet, browsing the JKM website looking for registered taska / nursery. I called few places and they are no longer accepting new entry.

I had called this centre named Taska Umi Setia Kasih in Danau Kota. I prefer this taska since it is close to kiddo's transit house and school. It is also close to my in law's house. And it is just opposite the police station. Aha. There is a place for Arissa, but I have to wait fo…