Skip to main content

Do You Think A Child Of 14 Should Be Married?

From my honest opinion.. NO! How can a child given the responsibility of a wife when they actually need the attention and enjoy every moment being a CHILD?

Furthermore, the 14 year old girl were reported married to a man of 23 year old. I believe the man is matured enough and can think straight before he were asked to marry the girl. What the girl should be doing is study and complete her education, enjoy her childhood year because it is the most best year a child can have. We can never get it back! There is no time machine to go back to the past.


A child needs to be a child, not forcing them to take responsibilities being an adult.

If at the age of 18, I believe a girl can get married but not below than that. I know there are a lot of dumping babies news these days. Almost everyday we heard about it. Public were mad, asked the govenment to do this and that. They even debate about it, but it is just that. Few days later we will heard another baby being thrown away in the garbage again. How sad.

Early marriage.. is it the way to prevent 'unwanted babies'? By allowing this, does it make the divorce rate lower each year? Think about it.

Yes, sex education is important too. Children of the millennium are very how should I say.. adventurous? Yeah, like to try EVERYTHING. If they were given a chance to build a bomb, believe me.. they will do!

Here is what alert me in the news today. Everyone must have read it.Taken from The Star:

Government ‘no’ to child marriages

KUALA LUMPUR: The Government does not condone child marriages and will look into the wedding of a 14-year-old girl to a school teacher.

Women, Family and Community Develop­ment Minister Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil said the Government was clear in its stance that it did not condone child marriages.

Shahrizat said the ministry’s policy was that children below 16 years were still in need of guidance, protection and the chance to form their own character.

“A marriage is about responsibility. She is still a child.

“As far as I know, she’s got the consent of the court. But I implore the courts to be cautious.

“As far as the Government is concerned, a wedding does not make a marriage,” she said when met at the Barisan Nasional Convention here yesterday.

Teenager Siti Maryam Mahmod married 23-year-old Abdul Manan Othman, a family friend in July.

They were one of 250 couples at the 1Malaysia mass wedding held at the Federal Territory mosque on Saturday.

Women’s Aid Organisation executive director Ivy Josiah called for a review of civil and Islamic laws to prevent child marriages.

“The minimum age of marriage should be 18.

“There should be no exceptions for Muslims or non-Muslims,” she said.

I couldn't agree more to that statement above.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ASTRO: Just Because of RM10.45

On last Thursday, we had an issue with our ASTRO. We reached home and as usual, kiddo switched on the TV and click on her fave channel. However, there was a message:

We apologise for the service interruption. To resume service please SMS: Astro RCO XXXXX(Smartcard number) and send to 66688. For customers in Brunei, please call 151. (TCI)

So I sent an SMS, and got a reply:
RM0.00 You are currently not eligible for this transaction. Please make payment immediately to enjoy full ASTRO services again. Thank you.

Our ASTRO has been barred?? Mr. Fruitheart checked our history payment and confirmed we had paid. So, I had to call ASTRO. I called the toll free line and since I'm using the ASTRO IPTV, I was being transferred to another line.

I asked the customer service representative to check and she told me our ASTRO account has an outstanding payment. I was like WHAT? Outstanding payment? How much? Oh no! Did Mr. Fruitheart paid to the wrong account? Because I had 2 under my name.

Surprisingly…

Confinement Packages / Pakej Berpantang

During my last pregnancy, I hired a confinement lady (CL) from Jemari tradisional to take care of me after I delivered my baby girl. This time around I have not decided yet where I will be staying during my confinement days and not sure if I will get the same CL from JT.

So, I have started to search for confinement lady / confinement packages / post natal packages / post natal care/ penjaga pantang / pakej pantang / pakej urut bersalin on the Internet. I found few that looks OK but some of the websites were not updated. I do not know if they're still on business.

So here are the lists:
1. Jemari Tradisional - http://rawatanbersalin.blogspot.sg/ (last update Monday, 30 July 2012)
1. http://penjagapantang.wordpress.com/ (last update May 6, 2012)
2. http://inaurut.blogspot.sg/ (last update Tuesday, 23 April 2013)
3. http://cintasari.com/services_post_natal.html
4. http://dnatasyaayu.blogspot.sg/2013/01/pakej-pantang-2013.html (last update Tuesday, May 7 2013)
5. http://sirehqaseh.blogspot.sg…

Dilemma: Taska / Nursery for The Girls

We're back to square one. Scratching our head, thinking hard and have to make an important decision. My sister can no longer take care of my girls, she has accepted a job offer in KLIA2.

Definitely not going to hire another helper. I do not want face another headache, frustration and have stranger into our house. It would also cost us thousands of Ringgit again which we don't have. Now we're considering sending the girls to a childcare centre. Choosing a childcare centre is NOT easy. Reliable and registered are normally full.

I had done my research on the Internet, browsing the JKM website looking for registered taska / nursery. I called few places and they are no longer accepting new entry.

I had called this centre named Taska Umi Setia Kasih in Danau Kota. I prefer this taska since it is close to kiddo's transit house and school. It is also close to my in law's house. And it is just opposite the police station. Aha. There is a place for Arissa, but I have to wait fo…