Skip to main content

Family Vacation: Kuantan Half Day 2

Sorry for the long wait for our family holiday entry. Exhausted and yes unpacking luggage is one of the thing I don't like. Continue.

After settling down in our room, we changed into our swimming outfit. No, I didn't wear bikini FYI. Kiddo was the one who was really overwhelmed getting into the swimming pool. He loves it so much. There were already lots of other kids and adults. It is Sunday by the way, and school holidays some more. Making the place quite packed.



We chose a spot right in front of the poolside bar, with a panoramic views of the South China Sea. Weather was really nice and warm. The wind that blows from the sea was cool. I am so loving the moment and I felt like I wanted to build a house by the sea! Dream on.


The hotel management had put up the red flag, meaning we can't swim in the sea. It is not recommended for people to swim when the waves are quite rough and high. It must be from the tsunami that hit Japan on Friday or might be because it is still in the monsoon season which going to be end soon. But, there are some people who were playing with their surf board. They must be professionals, I told myself.


After spending 2 hours in the swimming pool, we went back to our room and ready for dinner. It has been decided before we reached Kuantan, we wanted to eat 'ikan bakar' (grilled fish).

Just before our dinner, we dropped by Teluk Chempedak beach. It is approximately 5km away from the town of Kuantan. There were McD and KFC, my kiddo favorite eating place. And I bet you will say, he will go there as frequent as he could. You were right! Easy access.
Few years back, when we first went to Teluk Chempedak, there were lots of stalls along the side walk. People had their pictures sketched, people selling souvenirs and other stuff. Now, there were only 2 or 3. I am not sure where they all went. Can see white tent few yards away, which looked like Uptown Damansara. I guess the authorities had build up a proper place for them. They sold t-shirts, pants and other stuff just like Uptown. Kuantan Uptown?
Kiddo saw some kids playing kite, and he wanted one. Bought him a Ben 10 kite for RM12! Daddy flying it more than kiddo. So, you can guess who scolded kiddo the most then right? Yes, his mummy.

Both wearing red, my boys


Rough sea


People walking and making sand castle
This is one of the main beach here in Kuantan and locals love to go here during weekends and after office hours. Some of the activities here are jet-skiing, surfing, sun-bathe and swimming.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ASTRO: Just Because of RM10.45

On last Thursday, we had an issue with our ASTRO. We reached home and as usual, kiddo switched on the TV and click on her fave channel. However, there was a message:

We apologise for the service interruption. To resume service please SMS: Astro RCO XXXXX(Smartcard number) and send to 66688. For customers in Brunei, please call 151. (TCI)

So I sent an SMS, and got a reply:
RM0.00 You are currently not eligible for this transaction. Please make payment immediately to enjoy full ASTRO services again. Thank you.

Our ASTRO has been barred?? Mr. Fruitheart checked our history payment and confirmed we had paid. So, I had to call ASTRO. I called the toll free line and since I'm using the ASTRO IPTV, I was being transferred to another line.

I asked the customer service representative to check and she told me our ASTRO account has an outstanding payment. I was like WHAT? Outstanding payment? How much? Oh no! Did Mr. Fruitheart paid to the wrong account? Because I had 2 under my name.

Surprisingly…

Confinement Packages / Pakej Berpantang

During my last pregnancy, I hired a confinement lady (CL) from Jemari tradisional to take care of me after I delivered my baby girl. This time around I have not decided yet where I will be staying during my confinement days and not sure if I will get the same CL from JT.

So, I have started to search for confinement lady / confinement packages / post natal packages / post natal care/ penjaga pantang / pakej pantang / pakej urut bersalin on the Internet. I found few that looks OK but some of the websites were not updated. I do not know if they're still on business.

So here are the lists:
1. Jemari Tradisional - http://rawatanbersalin.blogspot.sg/ (last update Monday, 30 July 2012)
1. http://penjagapantang.wordpress.com/ (last update May 6, 2012)
2. http://inaurut.blogspot.sg/ (last update Tuesday, 23 April 2013)
3. http://cintasari.com/services_post_natal.html
4. http://dnatasyaayu.blogspot.sg/2013/01/pakej-pantang-2013.html (last update Tuesday, May 7 2013)
5. http://sirehqaseh.blogspot.sg…

Dilemma: Taska / Nursery for The Girls

We're back to square one. Scratching our head, thinking hard and have to make an important decision. My sister can no longer take care of my girls, she has accepted a job offer in KLIA2.

Definitely not going to hire another helper. I do not want face another headache, frustration and have stranger into our house. It would also cost us thousands of Ringgit again which we don't have. Now we're considering sending the girls to a childcare centre. Choosing a childcare centre is NOT easy. Reliable and registered are normally full.

I had done my research on the Internet, browsing the JKM website looking for registered taska / nursery. I called few places and they are no longer accepting new entry.

I had called this centre named Taska Umi Setia Kasih in Danau Kota. I prefer this taska since it is close to kiddo's transit house and school. It is also close to my in law's house. And it is just opposite the police station. Aha. There is a place for Arissa, but I have to wait fo…