Skip to main content

Family Vacation: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Day 1

Hello my blog readers.

Sorry I've been away for my holiday and now I am back. Did you miss me? No? That's OK. I know you do anyway. Hehe. Fasten your seat belt as the update will start.


We left the house (my parents new house) at around 4.45am Monday morning. We took the early flight 6.45am. Kiddo is the most excited one since he loves to ride the plane. Not sure if he likes to see the beautiful flight attendants or just enjoying the travelling.

Once we arrived at LCCT, we went straight to checked-in and had breakfast at McD later on. Have to paid RM45 for the big luggage. Oh brother! When we came back hope it's not doubled the size.

We reached KKIA (Kota Kinabalu International Airport 2) around 9.15am. The weather was good, bright and sunny. Paid RM30 for taxi straight to Sutera Harbour Resort. It was not even 10 minutes drive. (No traffic jammed). Yet, we have to pay RM30! Mr. Fruitheart said that was standard rate. Oh well. Check in time was 12pm, and we arrived too early. So we took the tour around the hotel. Loving it! Beautiful view of the South China Sea, the harbour and we can see some fishes swimming near the dock.


There's two kind of small pond like this



Harbour and dock view



Sea view, from pool side

Since it was so hot and kiddo was sweating, and a little bit grumpy (he just can't wait to step into the pool), we decided to have our brunch. Cafe Boleh was it name. First time in my whole life until that day, I saw a 'nasi lemak' for RM38.


The menu
The expensive 'nasi lemak' I've ever seen in the menu. We ordered vanilla ice cream for kiddo, french toast for me and omelette for Mr. Fruitheart. Total all RM87. Expected it.


View from our window


Another side view from our window
It's time for check in. Not that lucky because we had to wait for our deluxe sea view room to be ready. They had some problems with the aircond and need to fix it. They gave us temporary room which facing the gold course and single bed. We told them if the room was OK, then we will take it. Looking at it, nah ah ah. We will wait for our room to be fixed. So we decided to go for a sight seeing around KK town. So we took a taxi RM15 and stopped at Centre Point Sabah.

Upon entering the mall, we felt that we were in Low Yat Plaza or Sungai Wang. A lot of shoppers and the surroundings are much alike. Then we walked out of the mall and around town, trying to find a good nice place to eat. A bit disappointed because we did not find any, so we stopped at one restaurant named, Java.We had curry mee, chicken rice and took away three meals for dinner later. There was no nearest shop to Sutera Harbour. We have to walk around 10-15 minutes to the nearest food outlet which the concierge man said, we have to cross two highways.

Around 5pm, we reached the hotel and changed to our swimming attire. Time to cool off. At night, we just lay on the bed and enjoyed our ASTRO HBO channel. Too bad it's raining and we don't have the chance to go out and see the beautiful view of the place.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ASTRO: Just Because of RM10.45

On last Thursday, we had an issue with our ASTRO. We reached home and as usual, kiddo switched on the TV and click on her fave channel. However, there was a message:

We apologise for the service interruption. To resume service please SMS: Astro RCO XXXXX(Smartcard number) and send to 66688. For customers in Brunei, please call 151. (TCI)

So I sent an SMS, and got a reply:
RM0.00 You are currently not eligible for this transaction. Please make payment immediately to enjoy full ASTRO services again. Thank you.

Our ASTRO has been barred?? Mr. Fruitheart checked our history payment and confirmed we had paid. So, I had to call ASTRO. I called the toll free line and since I'm using the ASTRO IPTV, I was being transferred to another line.

I asked the customer service representative to check and she told me our ASTRO account has an outstanding payment. I was like WHAT? Outstanding payment? How much? Oh no! Did Mr. Fruitheart paid to the wrong account? Because I had 2 under my name.

Surprisingly…

Confinement Packages / Pakej Berpantang

During my last pregnancy, I hired a confinement lady (CL) from Jemari tradisional to take care of me after I delivered my baby girl. This time around I have not decided yet where I will be staying during my confinement days and not sure if I will get the same CL from JT.

So, I have started to search for confinement lady / confinement packages / post natal packages / post natal care/ penjaga pantang / pakej pantang / pakej urut bersalin on the Internet. I found few that looks OK but some of the websites were not updated. I do not know if they're still on business.

So here are the lists:
1. Jemari Tradisional - http://rawatanbersalin.blogspot.sg/ (last update Monday, 30 July 2012)
1. http://penjagapantang.wordpress.com/ (last update May 6, 2012)
2. http://inaurut.blogspot.sg/ (last update Tuesday, 23 April 2013)
3. http://cintasari.com/services_post_natal.html
4. http://dnatasyaayu.blogspot.sg/2013/01/pakej-pantang-2013.html (last update Tuesday, May 7 2013)
5. http://sirehqaseh.blogspot.sg…

Dilemma: Taska / Nursery for The Girls

We're back to square one. Scratching our head, thinking hard and have to make an important decision. My sister can no longer take care of my girls, she has accepted a job offer in KLIA2.

Definitely not going to hire another helper. I do not want face another headache, frustration and have stranger into our house. It would also cost us thousands of Ringgit again which we don't have. Now we're considering sending the girls to a childcare centre. Choosing a childcare centre is NOT easy. Reliable and registered are normally full.

I had done my research on the Internet, browsing the JKM website looking for registered taska / nursery. I called few places and they are no longer accepting new entry.

I had called this centre named Taska Umi Setia Kasih in Danau Kota. I prefer this taska since it is close to kiddo's transit house and school. It is also close to my in law's house. And it is just opposite the police station. Aha. There is a place for Arissa, but I have to wait fo…