Skip to main content

Family Vacation: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Day 2

The day when we supposed to go snorkeling and island hopping cancelled due to rain. The famous Tunku Abdul Rahman Park was in the list. So we decided to rent a car and drove off to Kinabalu Park. We were given a Wira, RM180 for 24 hours.

It is approximately 86KM from Sutera Harbour. As you know there are no highway here. Only long, winding, up down hill road. Back to nature, left right filled with green and small trees. It's cold too. Couldn't remember the exact place, where patchy fog mixed with rain slowed our progress. I think when we are close to the place. We can still see the signboard and using GPS we reached the place after 2 hours drive.


Fog



Fog and rain. Construction in the progress
Not much to see only hills, flowers and fog. Plus it's cold. I have to admit, the view was incredibly superb beautiful! After one hour there, we drove too Poring Hot Spring.


The front view

We left it there


Poring Hotspring
Kids having fun at open pool


You can choose to have private bathroom too
It was still raining when we reached to our second destination. 45KM from Kinabalu Park. A lot of people went there, families with kids, couples and tourists. The pool were all occupied. We went to walk up hill about 280m to the canopy walkway. Tiring! Kiddo has been a good boy, not complaining. Only a bit. He cried when he crossed the hanging bridge.


No, this big by don't cry
Stopped by the souvenir shops outside along the road side, which is opposite the hot spring. Bought few key chains. Nothing much to buy there.

Next stop, Sabah Tea



It was already 3.45PM when we reached our final destination. Mr. Fruitheart said we need to reach the hotel before it's dark.

View from the Sabah Tea cafe

View from the other side
Time go go back. Not surprised when the journey back to the hotel shorter than the first time we started early morning. And it is still raining. Not good at all. Hoping tomorrow will be bright and sunny.

Disappointed when we didn't have the chance to look for the good place to eat. I had my list, but we have to drive and the car rent a bit expensive and also raining. Oh boy, too much reasons!
4 comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASTRO: Just Because of RM10.45

On last Thursday, we had an issue with our ASTRO. We reached home and as usual, kiddo switched on the TV and click on her fave channel. However, there was a message:

We apologise for the service interruption. To resume service please SMS: Astro RCO XXXXX(Smartcard number) and send to 66688. For customers in Brunei, please call 151. (TCI)

So I sent an SMS, and got a reply:
RM0.00 You are currently not eligible for this transaction. Please make payment immediately to enjoy full ASTRO services again. Thank you.

Our ASTRO has been barred?? Mr. Fruitheart checked our history payment and confirmed we had paid. So, I had to call ASTRO. I called the toll free line and since I'm using the ASTRO IPTV, I was being transferred to another line.

I asked the customer service representative to check and she told me our ASTRO account has an outstanding payment. I was like WHAT? Outstanding payment? How much? Oh no! Did Mr. Fruitheart paid to the wrong account? Because I had 2 under my name.

Surprisingly…

Confinement Packages / Pakej Berpantang

During my last pregnancy, I hired a confinement lady (CL) from Jemari tradisional to take care of me after I delivered my baby girl. This time around I have not decided yet where I will be staying during my confinement days and not sure if I will get the same CL from JT.

So, I have started to search for confinement lady / confinement packages / post natal packages / post natal care/ penjaga pantang / pakej pantang / pakej urut bersalin on the Internet. I found few that looks OK but some of the websites were not updated. I do not know if they're still on business.

So here are the lists:
1. Jemari Tradisional - http://rawatanbersalin.blogspot.sg/ (last update Monday, 30 July 2012)
1. http://penjagapantang.wordpress.com/ (last update May 6, 2012)
2. http://inaurut.blogspot.sg/ (last update Tuesday, 23 April 2013)
3. http://cintasari.com/services_post_natal.html
4. http://dnatasyaayu.blogspot.sg/2013/01/pakej-pantang-2013.html (last update Tuesday, May 7 2013)
5. http://sirehqaseh.blogspot.sg…

Dilemma: Taska / Nursery for The Girls

We're back to square one. Scratching our head, thinking hard and have to make an important decision. My sister can no longer take care of my girls, she has accepted a job offer in KLIA2.

Definitely not going to hire another helper. I do not want face another headache, frustration and have stranger into our house. It would also cost us thousands of Ringgit again which we don't have. Now we're considering sending the girls to a childcare centre. Choosing a childcare centre is NOT easy. Reliable and registered are normally full.

I had done my research on the Internet, browsing the JKM website looking for registered taska / nursery. I called few places and they are no longer accepting new entry.

I had called this centre named Taska Umi Setia Kasih in Danau Kota. I prefer this taska since it is close to kiddo's transit house and school. It is also close to my in law's house. And it is just opposite the police station. Aha. There is a place for Arissa, but I have to wait fo…