Wednesday, 12 October 2011

People.. Why Must You Use Middle Finger??

I really don't understand this.

I was walking back to my office after lunch, and saw this one guy who was riding his bike showing his middle finger to his friend. His friend who was sitting inside the parking payment booth. Is that some sort of.. Hey hello! gestures when you meet your friends now? I know not all did that, but it's not APPROPRIATE at all!

The other day, when me and Mr. Fruitheart were driving back home I saw one man who drove a lorry and showing his middle finger while driving. I thought he was showing that to us, but he was doing that to his friend on the other side of the road who was in a lorry too. Gosh! I really don't understand.

What happened to the raise your hand and smile? What happened to the nice waving? You remember Mr Bean in his movie Bean: The Ultimate Disaster Movie? He showed his middle finger while he was in the car to some ladies and they were in shocked?

From wikipedia:
In Western culture, the finger (as in giving someone the finger or the bird), also known as the middle finger, is an obscene hand gesture, often meaning the phrases "*uck off" ("screw off"), "*uck you" ("screw you") or "up yours". It is performed by showing the back of a closed hand that has only the middle finger extended upwards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_(gesture)


image credit to wikipedia
I believe it's not in Western culture only, I even saw children in our country using it too. I wonder, do they even know what's the meaning of showing the middle finger to others?