Thursday, 16 August 2012

Hurt

Words can hurt you. Have you ever heard of "words are sharper than the sword"? In Malay, kata-kata adalah tajam daripada mata pedang. I am not sure what the proverb is in English.

The other day, I was hurt. When someone close to you said something negative and it did somehow breaks your heart, automatically you would feel down and sad. Am I right? That is how I feel. When your heart hurt really bad, you could feel the blood dripping.

I know I am not good at cooking. I tried to follow the recipe I found in the Internet. But that day, as I was fasting and a bit chaotic, I forgot few steps. What I did? I just listened and my heart cried. It hurts, totally! But how could you be so angry to your own mother? I kept quiet, and proceed. I told myself to keep calm and continue cooking.

I had also decided not to cook in future just because I was told I am a failure and I cannot cook.

But, I love to cook even I am not really good at it. As a woman, cooking is one of the things you would want to do. No matter how hard it is, there's always a recipe you can follow. It's either taste good or bad. Surely, you would be happy if the feedback is good. But, if it's not good then the person who taste it should say.. "next time you'll do much better, keep practising." Not straight away condemn.

Louis E. Boone ~ Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.

Image credit to http://iheartinspiration.com

P/S: Sometimes we don't mean to say hurtful words, but it slips from our tongue.
Post a Comment