Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Typical Me.. As A Mother and Wife

I know what to buy when.. Mr. Fruitheart texted me and said 'I don't know what to have for my snack time.' So I bought him chicken sausage.

I know what to say to kiddo when.. 'Mom, my throat hurts.'
I remind him not to drink iced water and eat ice cream at school.

I know what to do when.. baby girl suddenly woke up in the middle of the night.
I checked the clock to see if it's milk time, check her diapers, check if there's insects (mosquitoes or ants), or she has stomach ache.

I always checked the fridge to see if kiddo's food supplies are enough.
I always have the phone and account numbers for almost everything that is related to my family on my iPhone.

I remembered Mr. Fruitheart's and kids IC number, but I don't remember what I am supposed to do one minute after I left my room and went to the kitchen.

I said I was tired and wanted to go to bed. I went to kiddo's room, check the toilet lights if it's turn off. Checked kiddo's bag, put his tie together with his school uniform. Took his clothes that he wore that day and put it into the laundry basket. Took out the laundry basket in my room and put it outside the door so I won't forget to wash it the next morning. I pick baby girls clothes and diapers, put it in her baby bag. Get into my room and took out kiddo's allowance and put it inside his school uniform pockets. Told kiddo to go to bed, make sure he brush his teeth, drink some water before that. Checked if his air-cond was cold enough. Kissed him goodnight.

Checked out the hall and picked up the toys and Lego pieces on the floor. Rearrange the pillow on the sofa according to colours and size. Put away all the remote on the TV cabinet. Then only she lay down and checked on her phone. Opened facebook, like few pictures, statuses. Then opened Instagram and checked on twitter. Finally she tweeted, 'I'm off to bed.' Put down her phone and turn to her right where her husband and baby girl were sleeping peacefully. By that time it was only 9.00pm. Wee! And you must know I woke up at 5am every weekdays morning.


Image credit to http://www.toonpool.com/cartoons/Mothers%20Day_82916
P/S: Mothers are made for the long haul.
Post a Comment