Sunday, 24 February 2013

Fruitheart Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies

I have this passion for baking since long time ago when we moved into our new house. HEHE. Yes, not that long huh? So Mr. Fruitheart bought me an ELBA microwave oven. Let's try doing it little by little shall we?

So today, early morning when we had breakfast Mr. Fruitheart said let's go and buy stuff to make cookies. Kiddo was the excited one. He loves cookies. And he expected his mother to make cookies like Famous Amos. I have printed the recipe and ingredients.

We went to Sunway Giza, Kota Damansara. There is one shop selling bakery ingredients, cake ornaments, utensils, baking decoration and even baking classes - City Bakers http://citybkrs.blogspot.com/. When we entered the shop, it smells nice and like cookies! I can't concentrate what to look for and suddenly get over excited seeing those sprinkles, walnuts, trays and even flour! Gosh. I was like kiddo in Toy's R Us.

http://www.kotadamansaracorner.com/city-bakers-enterprise-kota-damansara/

Since I do not where to start looking, I asked the sales girl to help me out. I gave her the recipe. She read through it and I told her.. "Akak ni first time nak buat cookies. Boleh tolong cari kan bahan yang macam dalam kertas tu?" She walked to the sugar shelves. And then she told me this, "Kalau saya bagi akak yang dah siap bancuh boleh tak? Cuma perlu tambah butter, telur dan nuts. Itu lagi senang, since akak first time nak cuba buat."

I was like OK, I didn't know there were ready made ingredients. That would be easy I said to myself.


All of the above costs me RM52.


Before I started, I need to cook this walnut for 10-15 mins. While doing that, I mixed all the other ingredients.

A:
500gm chunky chocolate cookie mix
1 egg (Size B)
225gm butter

B:
50gm nuts
100gm chocolate chips

Steps: Combine A until even. (DO not over mix). Fold in B optional items. Preheat oven for 15 mins. Scoop onto lightly greased or lined tray and bake at 160'c for 10-15 mins.

Additional ingredients - a 9 year old kid as helper. HEHE. He was very helpful and in between waiting for the cookies to bake, he ate some of the choc chip. Kids.



It says there 'bake at 160'c for 10-15 minutes. OK I have followed. However, I do not use the 'correct' oven to bake and after 15 minutes, my cookies still not cooked. I added some more time. 30 minutes. Now, that caused the bottom to over cooked. HANGUS! Argh!



Dah lah cookies hitam, hangus lagi HITAM!
I am frustrated. Mr. Fruitheart said, it's OK if I failed for the first time. Let's try to lower down the temperature and bake it a little longer. We do not know how exactly this Elba microwave oven works. OK, I know he's trying to calm me down and motivate me.


Finally, I made it! The last tray turned out well. Hooray! It taste good, smell nice and tender. Chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Mr. Fruitheart agree with it. I managed to get only 40 pieces of it. Oh well, that was my first time. I can do better next time, aren't I?

P/S: Well done myself!
Post a Comment