Sunday, 24 March 2013

Accidents Happened Even at Home

Everybody knows accidents can happen everywhere. Even at home. Now have you ever asked yourself, if you need a First Aid Kit at home? Or in your car? I did think of having it at home and in my car, but I haven't buy it yet. I do not know when.

This happened during my OAWC last week. I was frying some beef when the hot oil splashed to my fingers. It was so painful. :( My mother once told me, to keep it cool put some toothpaste or butter. So I quickly ran to the toilet and put some on my fingers.



That was one. The other accident happened to Mr. Fruitheart when his toes hit the sharp end of the floor. He didn't feel the pain, not until I saw blood on the floor. I thought it came from the fish.



Due to no First Aid Kit, the traditional way I did was put some 'minyak gamat' on his toes after cleaning it. Mr. Fruitheart got a bit dizzy looking at his own blood. I wonder how he felt when I delivered baby girl last year.. hmmm.

So why we need First Aid Kit again? It is very IMPORTANT if someone hurts themselves and to deal with minor accidents and injuries like what happened to me. Here are what I got from Google:


A basic first aid kit should contain: 

  • Plasters, in a variety of different sizes and shapes.
  • Small, medium and large sterile gauze dressings.
  • At least two sterile eye dressings.
  • Triangular bandages.
  • Crêpe rolled bandages.
  • Safety pins.
  • Disposable sterile gloves.
  • Tweezers.
  • Scissors.
  • Alcohol-free cleansing wipes.
  • Sticky tape.
  • Thermometer, preferably digital.
  • Skin rash cream such as hydro cortisone or calendula.
  • Cream or spray to relieve insect bites and stings.
  • Antiseptic cream.
  • Painkillers such as paracetamol (or infant paracetamol for children), aspirin (not to be given to children under 16), or ibuprofen.
  • Cough medicine.
  • Decongestant tablets or nasal spray.
  • Antihistamine tablets.
  • Distilled water, for cleaning wounds and as an eye bath.

(source: http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/990.aspx?CategoryID=72)

You need to put them where it is easy to reach. Of course you need to always ensure it is well-stocked. You need to have the supplies and be ready for most emergencies.

Question:So when are you going to buy one Fara?
Devil Fara: After my paycheck.
Angel Fara: Does it have to wait until that long?

P/S: I do have few stuff inside my bag, plasters and aspirin. I will get it when I get my paycheck in few days. OK promise!