Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Every Child Is Different

I do know every child is different even though they were in the same tummy for approximately 280 days. They have different personalities, have different strength and vulnerabilities; and they need different kind of attention.

What works for my kiddo doesn't mean it work for my baby girl. I have always tried my best to adapt and be flexible with all my children. I know I am not alone in this. Parenting is hard work.

My boy is now 10 years old and this year we had a little bit of difficulties with his school work. I tell you, the education system is keep on changing. It is getting harder and there are more subjects too. Which means more homework. As parents, we need to be more knowledgeable than our kids. The problem is, I left school for almost 16 years! Some things I forgot already. *sigh* There were so many difference in the education, syllabus and learning nowadays.

My girl, she's going to be 2 years in 3 months. She's cheeky, dramatic attention seeker and a very helpful daughter. She now knows that she has a little sister and loves her a lot. She still sleeps in between me and Mr. Fruitheart while her baby sister sleeps in her cot. She has improved a lot in her vocabulary and understand what we said. I can see that she has a very high determination and will do whatever it takes to achieve what she wants. I would say she is learning early to be independent.

My baby girl, what can I say.. it is still early to say much about her. She is 3 months old now and loves to suck her chubby fingers despite being given a pacifier. She has a 'drumstick' thigh too. I do know how much her weigh now. We are still waiting for her to roll over. It would be a precious moment seeing her first development in everything. A moment we don't want to miss in our children's development milestone.

Whatever it is, I hope and pray for my children to be a good person when they grow up. I also hope they will have a good life, career and never forget their parents.

P/S: Will always love them. - Syahmie, Arissa and Rania.