Thursday, 27 February 2014

Why I Want to Quit

To date I am thankful I have a job with good paycheck. I am not in a higher position in the company, only a consultant. I have been working for almost 15 years now. I have experienced the graveyard shift and it was tiring, and now with normal hours 9-5 also tiring. Back at home, my children needs the attention when all mommy want is her bed.

We, both me and Mr. Fruitheart had this discussion several times. I told him I want to quit. He asked me to think twice and said that how we are going to survive with only one income. Now with all the increased in cost of living he needs to ensure we do not struggle if I quit.

At last, earlier this year he gave his blessings for me to quit. There are terms and conditions though: 0 amount in credit card, spend within budget and emergency savings for at least 6 months. We had started it last month and tried to spend with single income. We really need to test this before I tender my resignation in December. (Bonus month!) Hehe. I would say this a big project for us and one year preparation.

The main reason I want to quit is because of my two girls. I want to be at home with them. Recently, I sent the helper back because she was incompetent. These days, it is difficult to find a good and affordable child care too. I'm not thinking sending my girls to nursery even though they are registered.. afraid something bad will happen to them. Bad things can happen anywhere I know, even at home. But no, I do not want to risk my children's life in some other people hands.

The biggest challenge is not having enough time with my children. Not forgetting raising a child is expensive these days too.

A job will always be there, but children grow up in the blink of an eye. It's those little moments that I want to be part of and I would really love enjoying my time with my children. I also want to be the one shaping their morals and values.

Honestly, I don't have any future plans. I may apply for a home job online or start my own business. At the moment, my priority is raising my children.

We are not only have to decide if this is what we really wanted to do, but more to if we can really do it. We have to be really careful in our spending and always plan ahead. In other words, we have to deal with our own fears of not being good enough or structured enough.

P/S: May Allah smooth our journey this year.
Post a Comment