Skip to main content

Open Letter to My Second Daughter Who Will (One day) Have a Boyfriend

Dear Arissa,

You are going to be 2 year old in 2 months time. How time flies. You sure are one clever, smart, loving and not to mention sometimes cheeky and feisty. You have shown me and daddy how to be responsible to your little sister.

However, there are times where you want all the attention from both of us. You know what sweetie, you need to learn what is sharing. You have a big brother and little sister who needs the attention, tender and loving care from us too. I know, you are still young to understand but we need to teach you from now.

You have grown so much to become a very lovable girl. Everyone loves you. You captured others heart and attention with your intelligence and cuteness. You also fast in picking up words which we as adults need to mind our language.

At this age too you know how to do things on your own, or sometimes you INSIST to do it by yourself. You know where to throw the rubbish, where to put dirty clothes, how to wear your own clothes and clean the table. I can see that you want to do what your big brother do. As if you wanted to tell us, "Why abang can do and I can't? I want to do it too."

You also like to do exactly like what we did. You want to tagged the door, opened the grill and even swim in the adults pool! But first you need to learn how to swim. I do not want you to drown. You do know which are your belongings, your little sister's and brother's stuff. But sometimes, you being cheeky.. took away and run. It's OK, it's natural and I told myself it is one of your development.

Now, your most favorite is "Raaaaaniaaaaa.. chak!" It is the way you play with your little sister.

I know it is still early to say this.. but one day you will have a boyfriend. Or not. You might marry someone your daddy has chosen. That could happen, because your daddy will be the one who protect you, your little sister and brother. He will be the one who approves and rejects. He will be your 'wali' insyallah. And for that sweetie, I pray and hope you WILL NOT EVER hide from us who you went out with and who your friends are. Your dad joked about this to me the other day, "I might follow our daughter when she goes on a date. 50 meter far."

That COULD happen. Not just you, but to your other siblings as well.

P/S: Next letter for the little sister.. or might be the big brother.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ASTRO: Just Because of RM10.45

On last Thursday, we had an issue with our ASTRO. We reached home and as usual, kiddo switched on the TV and click on her fave channel. However, there was a message:

We apologise for the service interruption. To resume service please SMS: Astro RCO XXXXX(Smartcard number) and send to 66688. For customers in Brunei, please call 151. (TCI)

So I sent an SMS, and got a reply:
RM0.00 You are currently not eligible for this transaction. Please make payment immediately to enjoy full ASTRO services again. Thank you.

Our ASTRO has been barred?? Mr. Fruitheart checked our history payment and confirmed we had paid. So, I had to call ASTRO. I called the toll free line and since I'm using the ASTRO IPTV, I was being transferred to another line.

I asked the customer service representative to check and she told me our ASTRO account has an outstanding payment. I was like WHAT? Outstanding payment? How much? Oh no! Did Mr. Fruitheart paid to the wrong account? Because I had 2 under my name.

Surprisingly…

Confinement Packages / Pakej Berpantang

During my last pregnancy, I hired a confinement lady (CL) from Jemari tradisional to take care of me after I delivered my baby girl. This time around I have not decided yet where I will be staying during my confinement days and not sure if I will get the same CL from JT.

So, I have started to search for confinement lady / confinement packages / post natal packages / post natal care/ penjaga pantang / pakej pantang / pakej urut bersalin on the Internet. I found few that looks OK but some of the websites were not updated. I do not know if they're still on business.

So here are the lists:
1. Jemari Tradisional - http://rawatanbersalin.blogspot.sg/ (last update Monday, 30 July 2012)
1. http://penjagapantang.wordpress.com/ (last update May 6, 2012)
2. http://inaurut.blogspot.sg/ (last update Tuesday, 23 April 2013)
3. http://cintasari.com/services_post_natal.html
4. http://dnatasyaayu.blogspot.sg/2013/01/pakej-pantang-2013.html (last update Tuesday, May 7 2013)
5. http://sirehqaseh.blogspot.sg…

Dilemma: Taska / Nursery for The Girls

We're back to square one. Scratching our head, thinking hard and have to make an important decision. My sister can no longer take care of my girls, she has accepted a job offer in KLIA2.

Definitely not going to hire another helper. I do not want face another headache, frustration and have stranger into our house. It would also cost us thousands of Ringgit again which we don't have. Now we're considering sending the girls to a childcare centre. Choosing a childcare centre is NOT easy. Reliable and registered are normally full.

I had done my research on the Internet, browsing the JKM website looking for registered taska / nursery. I called few places and they are no longer accepting new entry.

I had called this centre named Taska Umi Setia Kasih in Danau Kota. I prefer this taska since it is close to kiddo's transit house and school. It is also close to my in law's house. And it is just opposite the police station. Aha. There is a place for Arissa, but I have to wait fo…