Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Potato Gratin and Homemade Meatball

It feels really good whenever I cooked, they turned out nicely. Last two weeks, I made potato gratin again and rolled my own meatballs. I am still not good in making the meatball gravy by the way. I didn't whisk often making the flour lumpy.

Before


After

Mr. Fruitheart said it taste different from the first time I made it. It was not creamy.
"You used cheap cream?" he asked me.
"No, I changed it to some other brand."

He smile. OK, I won't changed the ingredients next time. But whatever the taste like, they finished it all. Happy me!

It was my very first time making meatballs and they turned out good, but not like Ikea's meatball. It's not that hard to make. You need to have the right ingredients, mix and roll.


Ingredients:
500gm ground beef (minced meat)
1 medium yellow onion, minced or pureed

4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup bread crumbs (any flavor)
1/4 cup milk
1 egg lightly beaten
1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

Instructions:
Gently mixed everything in a bowl. Mixture should be wet but not sticking to your hand. If the mix feels wet, add in some more breadcrumbs. Roll mix into size of a golf ball. Bake 15-20 minutes or until it turned slightly brown. (I didn't baked it, just frozen it for 30-40 minutes). This is to avoid it sticking to one another. Place cool meatballs in ziplock freezer bag and label. It could last up until 3 months!

P/S: I can do this every week. I should google more simple-under-15-minutes-easy-ingredients-frozen-meals. Hehe.
Post a Comment

Nuffnang

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...