Thursday, 5 June 2014

The Little Two Year Old Girl

There are so many reasons to love and not-to-like the terrible twos. I have a daughter who just turned 2 years old last 2 weeks. And my adventure continue.

Now she loves to say "I don't want to be friends with you" other than saying "NO". But I'd love to hear the way she said it.. "Tak nak wawan abg Syahmie" "Tak nak wawan daddy". Those toddler slangs. Just yesterday she said she doesn't want to friend with me, and I replied back.. "Fine. Don't come to me if you want anything."

After 5 seconds, "Mama, what are you doing?" Heh.

Now she truly understands she has a baby sister. She has become the most protective big sister ever. She would cry and scream if a stranger, basically my relatives, wants to hold her baby sister. She would say "Give back Rania to mama!" and pull her legs from whoever holding her baby sister. Yesterday morning, Mr. Fruitheart playfully hit her baby sister's butt, she said "Don't hit her" and gave her daddy the fierce look. I was laughing hard. Mr. Fruitheart looked at me and said "So protective."


Every moment in my little 2 year old lives bring new discoveries. Yes, she throws tantrum like other kids her age. Meal time often a war zone and sometimes we struggle to take her out of the bathroom. As a 2 year old, Arissa knows what she wants, a demanding person at times, have very high spirit and determination. She's a great helper too. When I was busy with dish washing, she's busy "organising" the food cans in the cabinet. Yes, she enjoyed helping her mother with house chores. I pray and hope I still have my high patience for another 16 years.

P/S: Arissa, my little miss independent.
Post a Comment