Monday, 29 September 2014

A Mother's Motivation

I got this from facebook (jof of mom), and I wanted to save this so that one day my children can read it and well yeah, I hope they understand. Like what I have always been told, "Once you are a parent then only you'll know the feeling."



"Someday, when my children are old enough to understand the logic that motivates a mother, I'll tell them:

I loved you enough to bug you about where you were going,
with whom, and what time you would be home.

I loved you enough to be silent and let you discover that your new friend was bad news.

I love you enough to stand over you for two hours while you cleaned your bedroom,
a job that would have taken me 15 minutes.

I loved you enough to let you assume the responsibility for your actions
even when the penalties were so hard they almost broke my heart.

But most of all, I loved you enough to say no
when I knew you would hate me for it.
That was the hardest part of all.

-- written by unknown

P/S: There will always be rants and raving about being a mother, but whatever it is.. every mom that I know enjoyed it and would not exchange the experience and feelings for anything.
Post a Comment